Blacksmithing is here at The Curious Forge!
Saturday, July 23, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
In this beginner’s Blacksmithing Class, you will learn the basics of shaping hot metal from master blacksmith Jefferson Mack. Participants will make a fire poker, learning and putting into practice several basic forging techniques using traditional blacksmithing tools: Tapering; Twisting; Fullering; Curling; Texturing; Straightening. Instruction covers safety, history, theory, and practical applications, forming an excellent basis for a blacksmith certification.
$100 + $15 materials = $115 PUBLIC
$80 + $15 materials = $95 MEMBER
Ages: 16 +
Minimum 3/Maximum 6 students (please note: if attendance does not meet the minimum, the class will be rescheduled)
Be sure to arrive EARLY!
- Bring your own safety goggles and well-fitting work gloves.
- Wear long pants of cotton, leather, or natural fibers
- If you have long hair please tie it back and no loose clothing
- Wear work boots or closed-toe shoes (leather not fabric).
- Bring a water bottle and snack if desired
Pre-registration required. Class is limited to 6, register early.
Questions? Email Spark@thecuriousforge.org
Cancellation/Refund Policy: By purchasing you agree to our policies found here.
We do our best to follow all Nevada County covid safety guidelines to ensure a safe and fun experience for everyone.