Glassblowing for Beginners “A”
– An introduction to Glassblowing
Thursday, November 4 & Friday, November 5, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm each day (6 hours of instruction)
Cost includes materials
EXPERIENCE the seductive and ancient art of glass blowing! Turning a hot liquid into a solid physical form is magical. This 6 hour class is designed for beginners, with the goal to play with glass and make beautiful glass objects.
Beginning with a short talk on safety and tool identification we will then dive right into the fun stuff. Immediately, you will get a chance to gather glass, manipulate it with fire and tools, and form it into a work of art. You will learn to make unique colored glass paperweight masterpiece to bring home.
You’ll be guided by professional glassblowers Robert Kahl and Henrik Jorgensen.
Completing this class will fill the prerequisite for the next Beginner B class.
Class minimum 2 students/maximum 4 students. If the class minimum is not met, the class will be rescheduled to a later date.
- Bring proof of your Covid Vaccination – (Due to close proximity in the Glassblowing Lab proof of vaccination is required for all Glassblowing Classes.)
- Arrive early to The Forge to get settled
- wear all-natural fiber clothing, long pants
- wear closed-toe, closed-heel shoes (also with no synthetic parts) with socks that protect up to the ankle- No Exceptions.
- wear layered clothing, it may be hot or cold in the Glassblowing Area.
- bring a water bottle.
Questions? Email Spark@thecuriousforge.org
Cancellation/Refund policy: By purchasing you agree to our policies found here
Masks are required while in The Forge per County guidelines.