Glassblowing for Beginners “A” – An Introduction to Glassblowing
Monday, February 7 & Tuesday, February 8, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm each day (6 hours of instruction)
Cost includes materials
Ages 16+ and Adults
Please bring proof of your Covid Vaccination – (Due to close proximity in the Glassblowing Lab proof of vaccination is required for all Glassblowing Classes.)
EXPERIENCE the seductive and ancient art of glass blowing! Turning a hot liquid into a solid physical form is magical. This 6-hour class is designed for beginners, with the goal to play with glass and make beautiful glass objects.
Beginning with a short talk on safety and tool identification we will then dive right into the fun stuff. Immediately, you will get a chance to gather glass, manipulate it with fire and tools, and form it into a work of art. You will learn to make a unique colored glass paperweight masterpiece to bring home.
You’ll be guided by professional glassblowers Robert Kahl and Bill Bratton.
Completing this class will fill the prerequisite for the next Beginner B class.
Class minimum 2 students/maximum 4 students. If the class minimum is not met, the class will be rescheduled to a later date.
*more tickets may be added, please complete the Waitlist Form to be informed of additional tickets available.
- Bring proof of your Covid Vaccination – (Due to close proximity in the Glassblowing Lab proof of vaccination is required for all Glassblowing Classes.)
- Arrive early to The Forge to get settled
- wear all-natural fiber clothing, long pants
- wear closed-toe, closed-heel shoes (also with no synthetic parts) with socks that protect up to the ankle- No Exceptions.
- wear layered clothing, it may be hot or cold in the Glassblowing Area.
- bring a water bottle.
Questions? Email Spark@thecuriousforge.org
Cancellation/Refund Policy: By purchasing you agree to our policies found here
We do our best to follow all covid safety guidelines to ensure a safe and fun experience for everyone, please wear a face mask while in The Forge.