Members only-Wood Certified – TUESDAY NIGHTS BOX MAKING EXTRAVAGANZA! w/Gary Upton
July 5 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm PDT -
Tuesday Nights Box Making Extravaganza! for Wood Certified Members
Hands-on Skill Share for Wood Certified Members
Every Tuesday, July 5 – 26, 5:00 pm-8:00 pm the month of July (attend all four Tuesday Evenings to complete the Box)
Material Fee $30 – ticket below
Gary will guide Certified Woodshop Members and will cover some techniques to enhance your woodworking skills.
Skills you will learn and improve upon:
- milling and preparing solid wood for the box
using the jointer, planer and table saw
- cutting miters with a chop saw
- gluing miters with clamp jigs
- Making sawn veneer with the band saw
- Vacuum bag basics and gluing sawn veneer to stabilized panels
- Router basics and using templates and profile cutters
- sanding and finishing
- Lining your box with special fabrics and ultra-suede
But wait there’s more!
- learn how to throw your box against the wall when it’s not going well
- set it on fire
- give it to your dog to chew on
- make it into a garden weasel!