Painting Foundation and Color Theory Workshop w/ Forest Aliya
Tuesdays, June 8 – June 29, at 5:30-8:30 pm
Cost: Public $144 Member $120
Bring your own materials. A Material list will be emailed to registrants.
Have you always wanted to build and improve your painting skills? This is your opportunity to work with a professional artist and other passionate painters. This four week Tuesday Night series workshop will insure you have the foundational skills of color theory, composition, paint mixing and many other skills needed to continue in Curious Forge Open Labs, or your own personal creative practice.
Engage in a series of skill building exercises, creating color and value grids and experimenting with color blocking and glazing. Discussions on creativity and building sustainable art practices.
Just some of the skills and techniques taught in this workshop:
- Build a better relationship with color
- Achieve an understanding how different colors interact with each other intuitively and scientifically
- Understand the values of color
- Learn how to mix the color you want through combining opposite colors, tint, and shade
- Learn the temperament of pigments, if they are opaque or translucent
- Building a sustainable art practice
- Critiquing Art.
The following paint mediums are welcomed acrylic, watercolor, ink, and gouache. Oil painters are welcome but with types of painting exercises in this class sequence fast drying paint is best.
- The Painting Open Labs are a guided weekly gathering for painters to deepen their practice with along with other passionate painters.
- Join other creative artists in their medium under guidance of a skilled artist. You will paint together and the instructor is there as a resource to guide, prompt, critique and offer support.
- This will be a weekly open lab on a monthly subscription basis
- In order to be able to do the Open Painting Lab you do need a solid foundation and this class will satisfy that.
- If you are experienced you can email the instructor, email Forest Aliya, and she may want to speak with you and/or review your work in order to jump into the Open Lab without taking this beginning painting class.
Instructor’s Bio: Forest Aliya is a contemporary abstract landscape painter, muralist, and sound artist. Her education includes a Masters of Fine Arts from the Pacific Northwest College of Arts in In Portland Oregon. Aliya’s work has exhibited in galleries in Capetown, South Africa, Portland and Ashland, Oregon, the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento and Nevada City, California.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: By purchasing you agree to our policies found here
Questions? Email email@example.com
COVID19 precautions taken during all events, thank you!
Please be sure to arrive a few minutes early to get settled.