Sewing 101 – An Introduction to Sewing with Debra Stimson Canevari
Thursdays, November 3, 10, 17 (no class Nov 24th), and Dec. 1,
5 pm-7 pm each week (8 hours of instruction)
What you will learn:
- sewing machine straight stitch and zigzag
- to sew accurate straight seams
- Learn to read instructions and patterns
- proper seam allowances
- pressing with an iron
- use of rotary cutters and a mat
- learn how to read the end of a bolt of fabric when you’re shopping, its measurements and how to care for it.
You’ll complete a tote bag to take home and have the option of making a drawstring gift bag.
Beginners welcome! Bring your own machine if you’d like, otherwise, one will be provided.
What to Bring:
- Your machine if you wish to learn on it (not required we have machines)
- 1 yard of lightweight cotton fabric (width of 40-45”) on November 17
Public $144 + $7 material fee
Member $120 + $7 material fee
(for the 3rd class, November 17, please bring 1 yard of 40″ – 45″ width fabric, lightweight cotton)
This class is limited to 4 participants
Pre-registration is required.
Any questions? Please email Spark@thecuriousforge.org
Cancellation/Refund Policy: By purchasing you agree to our policies found here.
We do our best to follow all Nevada County covid safety guidelines to ensure a safe and fun experience for everyone.
Please be sure to arrive a few minutes early to get settled.