Sewing 101 – An Introduction to Sewing
What you will learn:
- sewing machine straight stitch and zigzag
- to sew accurate straight seams
- learn to read instructions and patterns
- proper seam allowances
- pressing with an iron
- use of rotary cutters and a mat
- learn how to read the end of a bolt of fabric when you’re shopping, its measurements and how to care for it.
You’ll complete a tote bag to take home and have the option of making a drawstring gift bag.
Beginners welcome! Bring your own machine if you’d like, otherwise, one will be provided.
What to Bring:
- Your machine if you wish to learn on it (not required we have machines)
- 1 yard of lightweight cotton fabric (width of 40-45”) bring in for the third class
Price: Public $144 + $7 material fee
Member $120 + $7 material fee
Class 3 minimum/4 maximum participants – (please note: if attendance does not meet the minimum, this class will be rescheduled
The Forge has a 7-day advance notification Cancellation/Refund Policy: You can read our cancellation policy here.
If this Class is Sold Out – Please complete our WAITLIST FORM to be notified of the next Class.
|Total Class Time||
Fill out the waitlist form below if the class is not available, or if you need a different date. We will reach out when the class becomes available.