Projects and Activities
these are only a few of the projects we can offer to stimulate the technical and artistic minds of your students
- I checked your availability (above) and see a date that will work for me. But the time (10-11:30) doesn’t work. Is there any flexibility in that timing? Yes. We may be able to accommodate variances in the times. Fill out the Inquiry Form above and we will get back to you within a few days. Our field trip coordinator works mornings Monday-Thursday.
- The date I want is not available. What do I do now? Unfortunately it means that we have something else going on that day and won’t be able to host your trip that day. Sorry!
- What will the kids get to take home with them at the end of the trip? They will each design and build their and then leave with their very own creation!
- I have a mixed age group of kids. I don’t know which activity would be best for them. If you know which date you want, book that now. If you pick “I don’t know” for the activity for the trip, we will email you and help you figure out the best fit for your group.
- Do you accommodate children with special needs? Lets talk and see how we can make it happen.
- I want to bring multiple classes. How do I book that? We can setup a regular or rotating schedule. Call and our Field Trip specialist will set it up.
- How many kids can your Makerspace accommodate? They can both accommodate up to 20 kids
- How many adult chaperons and teachers can attend? You can have up to 5 adults with your group unless you have an ICT or Special Education classroom and have a higher staff to kid ratio. We would expect and welcome any paras or one-to-ones to attend to help the students as required.
- Can we eat lunch at your location? Given the time restraints, we can work it into your trip if necessary.
- Do you offer field trips on the weekends? We do offer parties. You can check out our party information
- Your field trips are a bit out of our price range. Do you have any suggestions? Yes, many schools receive STEM field trip grants through Donor’s Choose. Remember to indicate that there is a deposit required ($50) when filling out your application. Please have checks sent to you directly and bring them on the day of your trip.
- What happens if I need to cancel my trip? As long as you give us 2 weeks notice, we will work with you to find another time. we recommend that you wait to schedule it until you are more confident on the date.