- *if you do not know what to bring, this will be gone over at the first meeting, you are also welcome to ‘rent’ items from Chappy if you don’t want to commit to materials just yet.
- Paint (oil or acrylic and the proper medium for either).
- Brushes. A combination of bristle and synthetic brushes which should include large (1 inch or greater) bristle brushes as well as a good selection of soft, synthetic brushes. If you’re unsure what you need we’ll cover that in detail in the first week.
- Two canvas boards (10×14 or something close). Avoid stretched canvasses.
- An apron or wear clothes you don’t mind getting paint on
- Photos: Gather as many reference photos as possible and I will assist in the final selection. 5 x 7 or larger hard copy photos recommended or an iPad.
Your facilitator: Chappy Valente has been an artist/art instructor for forty years. He studied at the International School of Painting, Drawing & Sculpture in Umbria, Italy, as well as the Art Students League of New York. He has recently relocated from N.Carolina to Nevada City.
Min: 4 / Max: 6 participants (please note: if attendance does not meet the minimum, this class will be rescheduled)
The Forge has a 7-day advance notification Cancellation/Refund Policy: You can read our cancellation policy here.
|Total Class Time||
Fill out the waitlist form below if the class is not available, or if you need a different date. We will reach out when the class becomes available.